Sat, Apr 21|
MUNI Diaries Live: Sold Out! (Early Show)
Muni Diaries is celebrating 10 years of documenting life in our fair city, as viewed through the eyes of everyday commuters like you. $16
Time & Location
Apr 21, 2018, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Elbo Room, 647 Valencia St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
About the event
Muni Diaries is celebrating 10 years of documenting life in our fair city, as viewed through the eyes of everyday commuters like you. For the last decade, more than 4,000 San Franciscans submitted stories about the hilarity, and the humanity, that happens on our journeys between Point A and Point B. There were so many slices of life that needed to be told, we expanded to include stories that happen all over the 7x7: on Muni and off. We couldn't have done this without you, so join us in lighting all 10 birthday candles, listening to great stories, and, as always, cheering our poets in the Muni Haiku Battle.
A sneak peek of our birthday lineup:
- Alexandria Love, Muni Haiku Battle reigning champion
- Gwen Carmen, storyteller extraordinaire
- Heather Knight, writer and columnist at The San Francisco Chronicle. She writes the "On San Francisco" column and, for added local cred, is riding all Muni lines in one day with her colleague Peter Hartlaub.
- JiaJing Liu, writer, poet, translator, and lover of pocket-sized books
- Parker Gibbs, "scene champion and loudmouth about town," who you may also know as “DJ Foodcourt"
- Peter Hartlaub, writer, reporter, and pop culture critic at The Chronicle. He and Heather Knight are riding all Muni lines in one day.